Long-Term Fellowships and Research Stays:
1. School of Slavonic and East-European Studies, University of Toronto, January – March 2001, Research Fellow.
2. Geisteswissenschaftliches Zentrum für Geschichte und Kultur Ostmitteleuropas, Leipzig, June – August 2002, “Konfessionalizierung in Ostmitteleuropa,“ Research Fellow.
3. Herzog-August Bibliothek, Wolfenbüttel, Andrew W. Mellon Scholarship, January – April 2004, Research Fellow
4. Herder-Institut, Marburg, Alexander von Humboldt Scholarship, March – September 2006, Research Fellow
5. Yale University – University of Georgia, Fulbright Scholarship, January – May 2008, Scholar-in-Residence.
6. Institut für vergleichende Städtegeschichte, Münster, Germany, Alexander von Humboldt Scholarship, May – August 2010
7. University of Western Australia, Perth, Guest Professor of History, October 2010 – March 2011.
R. John Rath Prize – awarded by the Austrian History Society for the best study published in The Austrian History Yearbook in year 2005.
2008 Palacký University Rector’s Prize for the best monograph in Humanities.
2009 – The Best Urban History Monograph Award